Legislation from United States of America Senate
Introduced in Senate
Date: April 9, 2019
- (A) justified by humanitarian concerns or otherwise in the national interest; and
- (B) not less than 95,000.
- (2) Each officer of the Federal Government responsible for refugee admissions or refugee resettlement shall treat a determination under paragraph (1) and subsection (b) as the numerical goals for refugee admissions under this section for the applicable fiscal year.; and
- (4) In making a determination under paragraph (1), the President shall consider the number of refugees who, during the calendar year beginning immediately after the beginning of the applicable fiscal year, are in need of resettlement in a third country, as determined by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in the most recently published projected global resettlement needs report.
- (5) The President shall determine regional allocations for admissions under this subsection, which shall—
- (A) consider the projected needs identified by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in the projected global resettlement needs report for the calendar year beginning immediately after the beginning of the applicable fiscal year; and
- (B) include an unallocated reserve that the Secretary of State, after notifying the and the , may use for 1 or more regions in which the need for additional refugee admissions arises.