Last Updated March 21, 2023.
Personal information we collect
How we use your personal information
How we share your personal information
Other sites and services
International data transfer
How to contact us
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, professional title, phone number, email address, mailing address, and date of birth.
- Profile data, such as the username and password that you may set to establish an account on the Service, profile picture, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- User-generated content data, such as photos, images, questions, messages, works of authorship, andother content or information that you transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata.
- Government-issued identification data, such as national identification number (e.g., Social Security Number, tax identification number, passport number), state or local identification number (e.g., driver's license or state ID number), and an image of the relevant identification card.
- Public services data needed by Government Customers to provide the services you seek from them, such information will depend on the specific service you are seeking but may include information related to licenses and permits you are seeking, construction work, addresses of locations you designate, details in public infrastructure, and similar information.
- Communications data based on our exchanges with you, including when you contact us through the Service or otherwise
- Research data, such as your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes related to our business.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving our marketing communications and details about your engagement with them.
- Payment data needed to complete transactions, which is processed directly by our payment processors, such as Stripe, as further described below in the "How we share your personal information" section.
Third-party sources. We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public sources, such as government agencies, public records, social media platforms, and other publicly available sources.
- Third-party services, such as third-party services, that you use to log into, or otherwise link to, your Service account, such as Google. This data may include your username, profile picture and other information associated with your account on that third-party service that is made available to us based on your account settings on that service.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with the Service, our communications and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, geolocation, unique device identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or general geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times and duration of access, and whether you have opened our emails or clicked links within them.
- Communication interaction data such as your interactions with our email or other communications (e.g., whether you open and/or forward emails) - we may do this through use of pixel tags (which are also known as clear GIFs), which may be embedded invisibly in our emails.
- Geolocation data, such as your precise or approximate location as determined by data such as location tracking on your mobile device.
Cookies and similar technologies. Some of the automatic collection described above is facilitated by the following technologies:
- Cookies, which are small text files that websites store on user devices and that allow web servers to record users' web browsing activities and remember their submissions, preferences, and login status as they navigate a site. Cookies used on our sites include both “session cookies” that are deleted when a session ends, "persistent cookies" that remain longer, "first party" cookies that we place and "third party"cookies that our third-party business partners and service providers place.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Session-replay technologies, such as those provided by Hotjar who employs software code to record users' interactions with the Service in a manner that allows us to watch video replays of those user sessions. The replays include users' clicks, mobile app touches, mouse movements, scrolls and keyboard strokes during those sessions. These replays help us diagnose usability problems and identify areas for improvement. You can learn more about Hotjar's privacy practices at https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/ and you learn more about how to stop Hotjar from collecting your data at https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002735873-How-to-Stop-Hotjar-From-Collecting-your-Data.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time of collection:
Service delivery and operations. We may use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business, including to assist Government Customers with processing Constituent requests, applications and permits, and payments;
- personalize the service, including remembering the devices from which you have previously logged in and remembering your selections and preferences as you navigate the Service;
- establish and maintain your user account on the Service;
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications; and
- provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing. We, our service providers and our third-party partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing purposes. For example, we may send you direct marketing communications. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
With your consent. In some cases, we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Cookies and similar technologies. In addition to the other uses included in this section, we may use the Cookies and similar technologies described above for the following purposes:
- Technical operation. To allow the technical operation of the Service.
- Functionality. To enhance the performance and functionality of our services.
- Analytics. To help us understand user activity on the Service, including which pages are most and least visited and how visitors move around the Service, as well as user interactions with our emails. For example, we use Google Analytics for this purpose. To provide this service, Google Analytics may collect certain information about you from your computer using cookies. You can learn more about Google Analytics and how it collects and processes data by visiting:www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt-out of the use of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Service providers. Third parties that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as maintenance services, database management, hosting, information technology, customer support, email delivery, consumer research, marketing, and website analytics).
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the Compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business transferees. Acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations of or due diligence for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in Polimorphic (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In this section, we describe the choices available to you.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us through the Service, you may review, update, correct, or delete certain information in your registration profile accessing your account.
Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt-out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us. Please note that if you choose to opt-out of marketing-related emails, you may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
. You can also configure your device to prevent images from loading to prevent web beacons from functioning.
Do Not Track.
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send "Do Not Track" signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com
Blocking images/clear gifs. Most browsers and devices allow you to configure your device to prevent images from loading. To do this, follow the instructions in your particular browser or device settings.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information we identify as required or mandatory, we may not be able to provide those services.
Linked third-party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through a third-party platform, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
We employ technical, organizational and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States and may use service providers that operate in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian of a child from whom you believe we have collected personal information in a manner prohibited by law, please contact us. If we learn that we have collected personal information through the Service from a child without the consent of the child's parent or guardian as required by law, we will comply with applicable legal requirements to delete the information.
How to contact us